Thursday, August 02, 2012

A PRAYER.

Lend me a light

To walk life’s dark nights,

With intentional care,

Bind my hurting wounds.

When the twisted limbs

Of club footed gods trip me,

Please shake down a bed for me.

No one was there

When they set the dogs on me.

No one was there

When the hammer blows

Brought me to my knees;

In the uproar of tongues

When I couldn’t hear

And I couldn’t find someone

To shake down a bed for me.

A terminal distress

Shifts my soul like sand dunes

I don’t want to read on your face

The same telltale runes.

You have plowed an even row

For the seed you sow.

Where the corns grow, kindly

Shake down a bed for me.

A true friend is a sheltering tree

In the howling storm of life

That’s what I hope to find

In these days of strife

Life shakes at me, the black cape of misery.

Please shake down a bed for me.

©Naan Pocen

2 comments:

Tropicalkaren said...

I am feeling you. I don't normally like poetry but I am feeling you.

NAAN POCEN said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read Karen.